The Earth Day edition features Candice Limper’s interview with Soil scientist Joseph Amsili. They discuss the living things that benefit soil’s health and how paying greater attention to the quality of soils can benefit the planet. Amsili is an extension associate in the Soil and Crop sciences section at Cornell University. Joe will be making a presentation at the upcoming workshop on Climate Wise Gardening.
In the second half of the show LSS’s Liz Mahood presents a short history of Climate science. A list of references is below:
- The History of the Global Climate Change Regime (2001)
- History of Climate Science
- Ecological responses to recent climate change (2002)
- Large losses of total ozone in Antarctica reveal seasonal ClOx/NOx interaction (1985)
- 9 recent scientific findings on climate change
- 5 Major Takeaways from the IPCC Report on Global Climate Change
- The Scientific Consensus on Climate Change
- Consensus About Climate Change?
Esther Racoosin visits a poster session at Cornell’s Energy Day, hosted by Cornell Energy Systems Institute and the Cornell Energy Systems Club.
Contributors: Candice Limper | Liz Mahood | Esther Racoosin | Patricia Waldron
Producer: Esther Racoosin
Music: Show Theme by Joe Lewis and Cece Giannotti. Episode includes pieces “Inamorata” and “Idle Ways” from Blu Dot Sessions.